Sunday, August 21, 2011

A fresh start!

With a new school year about to begin, I'm always looking for new ways to engage my students and myself in the educational process.  My sis-in-law at http://mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com/ has been blogging for a while, and now I'm following suit.  I constantly peruse blogs and Pinterest for new teaching ideas, and I want to get more involved in the sharing process. 

One of the areas I'm working on this school year is Writers Workshop.  Our kindergarten standards continue to increase in difficulty, so I want to make sure my kiddos are ready!  I've been inspired by Mrs. Meacham to create a kid friendly writing area.  Here's my work in progress...

The pencil on the table will be for my kiddos to track their writing progress. (It will be hung up with my students' names on clothespins.)  The blank types of writing will be filled with examples as we go over each kind.  I'm still collecting fun types of pencils, pens, markers, and whatnot to intrigue my little ones into writing!   

So, how do you engage little ones in writing?  I'd love to get some more ideas as I prepare for another school year!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and your design is so cute. I love Mrs. Meacham, too. I do a lot a lot of guided writing at the very beginning of school which I feel definitely helps encourage the kids to love writing!! Have a great school year!
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete