This is what we've been up to...
- Writing names and drawing self-portraits while I teach the kiddos how to unpack book bags, folders, and ordering lunch.
- Quick calendar on the SMART Board with some help from Starfall and a morning message telling about all the fun we'll be having today.
Then, discussing class rules, behavior management, and making the fabulous David puppet to take home. You can get the puppet from here... http://crisscrossapplesauce.typepad.com/files/no_david.pdf!
- Kindergarten free-choice while I administered state mandated assessments. (Always fun, ha!)
And talking about how even though we're all different, we still have so many things that are the same about each other. It's so fun to see little friendships budding and light bulbs going off as they explore Find a Friend! Thanks to First Grade Best for posting the document!
- SMART Board rules while answering the question of the day!
- Snack (always important!)
- Dismissal and bus rules!
Thanks for all your fabulous ideas blog friends! Without you, it would be the same old thing! How are your beginnings of the year going? Lets dish! :)