Thursday, September 15, 2011

Workin' it in work stations!

I love, love, love introducing work stations and allowing my students to begin exploring the materials we have to use in our classroom.  It always amazes me at how they engage in different areas of the room.  Obviously, blocks are always popular, but everyone wanted to be in Pocket Chart Work Station this week!  Who doesn't love pretending it's their birthday?!

It's amazing what you can do with sentence strips, name cards, and Carson Dellosa star crowns!



My students were also exploring the materials in the Writing Work Station... I love seeing their beginning of the year writing and comparing it to the end of the year.  It always amazes me at their progress!

Hooray!  Early letter formation... we're on our way to writing words!



We have a teacher in-service day tomorrow... so my little lovelies get a day off.  I have to be at the elementary building at an ungodly, irritating, unreasonable, earlier than normal time!  Thus, Starbucks will be calling my name before I sit and listen to training on numeracy development.  Hopefully, I'll have some super fun things to share with you tomorrow!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment