Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Freebie - Math Facts

Oh Common Core, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways....
Well, at least the different ways you can make 2 and 3!

We have math journals where we do in depth number sense studies, and my kinder kiddos have finally finished exploring 2 and 3.  I was so happy when they worked in pairs, flipping cards, showing different ways to make number combinations.  Woo hoo!  Now... on to the math facts!

Since we're good with the process of making 2 and 3, we're moving on to mastering those math facts.  Pick up my Addition Fact Freebie and copy those suckers on some tag board, send them home, and rock and roll!  Before you know it, your kinders will be spouting off 2+0 = 2 and 1+1 = 2 before you know it!

My cards are going home for homework next week.  I can't wait to see how fast they get from practicing at home.  Such smart cookies, my kiddos are... <3 'em!

On a side note, one thing I DO NOT love... Fifth Disease.  Thanks kids, for that.

I hope you have a happy and itch free weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment