Monday, November 14, 2011

Hooray for Work Stations!

There was excitement brewing in my classroom today! Drum roll, please...

Yoga Work Station has officially opened in our classroom, and the kindergarten kiddos are excited. (And, did I mention, I am too!)

We introduced it last Friday, when some of our work stations changed, but we reviewed and extended it today. In yoga work stations, we can...
1. Practice our poses.
2. Color a yoga pose.
3. Play a yoga game.
4. Read a yoga book. (I need to add this to our "I can..." chart!"

Take a look at yoga work station (right next to writing work station)!
The basket has the yoga books.  The red tray has the coloring pages.  The orange cards are for yoga memory.  Yoga mats, are well, for yoga!  The yellow basket holds our poses to practice and the Clorox wipes are to clean mats when we're finished.  It's a work in progress, so do you have any ideas of what I can do to improve it?  

Here are some shot of my first pair working in yoga work station today.  E & R were troopers and were excited to work and play!  

R & E look at one of our yoga cards to complete Tree Blowing in the Wind pose.

R completes a yoga coloring page!

E plays yoga memory and completes a pose when she makes a match!

So much fun and so good for mind, body, and soul!  What are you doing this week that has you excited?!  Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Grab a yoga freebie here... Yoga Work Station - Recording Sheet!  Your kiddos can draw a picture and write what yoga pose they practiced!  Woo hoo!




3 comments:

  1. One question: Why is "R" wearing a Halloween mask? Is there a mascarade that I am unaware of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malarie, welcome! I started yoga with my kiddos last school year and have expanded it this year! They LOVE it! And, I LOVE it! I'm going to your page and joining in on your fun! Namaste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have incorporated yoga into your classroom. I bet your kids are loving it! I have been thinking about using yoga in my special needs classroom and I love your idea of making it a center.

    Allison
    Miss Allison's Class

    ReplyDelete