Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday...

I've been sort of M.I.A this week... thanks to Parent/Teacher Conferences!  I have to say, in my 9 years of teaching, these have some of the most wonderful conferences I've had.  Now, I'm not saying all of them have been easy, but I'm thankful to have so many fabulous families to work with this school year!


On another note, I'm thankful for my kind and caring kindergarten kiddos!  (Though, they really are ready for a break and are starting to pick at one another!)  They made these AWESOME Veteran's Day cards on Monday and we're sending them off to one of my little guy's uncles and his Army pals at their base in Alaska.  How awesome is that?  Check out some of their sweet messages and pictures...



  

I am also thankful for yoga and how well my kindergarten kiddos have done working independently in yoga work station.  It is beyond what I expected!  It doesn't matter if it's boys or girls.  Athletes or not.  Flexible or not flexible.  And... on and on... They love it!  And, I love that they love it!  They are so engaged.  They are enthralled.  They are enraptured.  And, I am envious that they get to work over there for 1/2 an hour while I work with reading groups.

Check out two of my gentleman yogis working today!

Practicing Tree pose!

This tree looks like it may fall over! :) 

Recording a pose they practice.  They take these pages home and share it with a family member. 

Playing Yoga Memory!  They love finding matches and then completing the yoga pose. 

I have to add.... watching PILGRIMS do yoga is extremely funny for all teachers involved!  Ha ha ha ha!  Hey, a pilgrim has to do what a pilgrim has to do! :) 

On to more things I'm thankful for:
  • My heater FINALLY works in my classroom.  It was FREEZING last night at conferences.
  • Tomorrow is Friday.  Three 12 hour days begins to wear on you...
  • It is almost Thanksgiving break.  My kiddos are done, and so am I!  Funny enough, we made a deal today... I would change my lesson plans (more artsy fartsy, (yet still educational) activities... read...  taking a break from the norm... and they would change and start getting along better.  It's a deal.  we should should have shaken on it.  But, I know they can survive the last 3 days with me!  
  • My husband is incredibly understanding, thoughtful, tolerant, annoyed by this week, and I'm looking forward to spending some time with him this weekend.  Read... I am not doing ANYTHING except laying around the house and being a lummox... with him in tow! :)
All in all, I've been whiny, pouty, tired, caffeine crazed and whatnot this week, but I have so many things to be thankful for... that it all put things into perspective.

What are you thankful for?! 









No comments:

Post a Comment