Thursday, December 22, 2011

Five minutes...

If you look at my previous post, I wondered how long it would take for my kindergartners to discover the gifts for them under our Christmas tree.  It took about 5 minutes!  I have to cut them slack though.  They were so engrossed with completing their morning routine when they walked in the room, they just didn't have time to scope them out immediately! :)

And, for all who were wringing their hands wondering if I'd survive... since I'm able to post this, you know I did! :)  So, let get a hooray for the first day of winter break!  HIP-HIP-HOORAY! :)  I'd also like to inform you've I've done nothing (other than make a grilled cheese and do some laundry) today!  Bliss!  Pure bliss!

Let me give you some highlights of the past few days of holiday fun with my kiddos...

  1. We finished our family gifts after my fiasco on Monday.  Didn't they turn out adorable?  Whew.  I was worried I wouldn't make it out of that craft alive!


2.  We made Crock-Pot Hot Cocoa and it was unreal!  My kids were all saying, "This doesn't taste like what my mom makes.  I wish she made it like this!"  It was like drinking a melted chocolate bar and was heavenly! I didn't think my kids would drink even half of the 6 quart crock pot, but they drank almost all of it!  Here they are watching The Polar Express and sipping on their cocoa.  (Only two spills!  Hooray!)

3. My kiddos were so appreciative of their books this year!  One little guy immediately came up after receiving The Gingerbread Man, hugged me, and said, "Thank you so much for the book!  I love it!"  Obviously, once one did, they all did!  Such gratitude and manners from my kids!  I love them!  

4.  My families were generous with their gratitude too... a new travel mug, a hand knitted scarf (yes!), fruit leather (so I don't have to tease Z that his mom packed it in his lunch for me), yummy cookies, a new blankie, ornaments, candles.... etc.  So spoiled this year!   

Even thought it was crazy, insane, busy, and nutso... my last 3 days were fun-filled and love-filled!  I'm glad for a break, but I'm glad I was able to share the holidays with my little ones!

Now, on to relaxing today... 
And last minute Christmas shopping tomorrow! 
Hopefully I won't have to throw any elbows tomorrow to get what's left on my list! :)


1 comment: