Friday, December 16, 2011

Happy Break, I mean... Happy Friday!



I'm taking a poll....
How many of you are still in school next week?!  
If you answer, "Heck, no, I'm starting my holiday break, lady!"  congrats to you!  (I am INSANELY jealous!)
If you answer, "Yes, indeedy, how am I going to manage Christmas crazed kiddos for X amount of days?!" then I feel your pain!  Our last days of school is Wednesday, and I'm trying to wrap my head around today and next week...

Now, don't get me wrong, my children have been beyond lovely.  They've earned a pajama party b/c the entire class stayed on green for 11 days since the end of November.  Look how wonderfully they worked together yesterday completing Dee Dee Wills' (free) CVC Christmas Write Around the Room!  It made my heart smile!

 
They were so engaged, quiet, and excited to be reading and writing!  It was awesome! :)

Right now, post lunch, my kids are working on their letters to Santa and are singing songs from their Christmas program we performed on Monday.  Okay, no more singing, because my writing kids can't hear the sounds their stretching out.  I believe Kindergarten volume increases as Christmas draws closer... ha ha ha ha ha!

Before I forget... speaking of Christmas and wiggly worm children, try this fun Santa yoga online story to calm kiddos and wake up minds!  My class LOVES it, and we're getting better at it every day.  (For those who know yoga, it's a basic sun salutation....) 

Check it out here... Yoga with Santa!  

Okay, I'm going to do a few deep breaths and wrangle some roaring kids!  I hope you're having a great Friday... regardless of whether your break is starting or it's just the weekend to you! :)  


1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Yoga Santa! I almost want to have kids another day so I can do that...BUT NOT REALLY!!!! I may just yoga it up with Santa without the crazos! I am off for winter but back the 2nd. It's going to be worth it for you after New Years! Hang in there!
    Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits

    ReplyDelete