Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Are they asleep? *freebie*

I've said it before.  I DETEST giving out directions for work stations.  My kids just snored, slept, snoozed, stared at me for 20 some minutes, asking if they could get started repeatedly.  I'm sorry little ones, I have a few, a couple, some, a million directions for you, and I want to make sure you know what we're doing for the next 11 days in work stations.

My little ones have been so excited to read their phonics readers lately, that I knew I had to give them a new activity in Reading Work Station!  They had to self-select one book and read it to a reading buddy (stuffed animal).  After reading, the students wrote the title and then listed the words in the book that are on our word wall.  Then, it's their job to figure out which words were tricky (yikes!) and which words were easy peasy, one, two, threesy! (hooray!)  Then they get illustrate a favorite part from the book.

I love response sheets!  It holds my students accountable, but they still can self-select and work at their own pace.

If you'd like a copy of my Reading Work Station Response sheet... grab... it... here ----> Reading_WorkStation_Response!


Also, here's a question... out of all my kindergarten students and the preschool class who worked with us yesterday, who do you think was the one child that "sampled" our snowman paint?  You know, of the Pinterest variety, with shaving cream and glue?  Please, make your predictions now...

Winners will receive my undying love and gratitude! And, the excitement of knowing they were right!

No comments:

Post a Comment