I survived my direction giving, and so did my students, and here's what were working on in my kindergarten room for the next 2 weeks or so...
- ABC: Gingerbread Man Uppercase/Lowercase stamping
I found this great resource at Time 4 Kindergarten! <---- Grab it at the link!
- Working with Words: Seasonal vocabulary picture sort!
Pick up my recording sheet here... Seasonal_Vocabulary_Recording_Sheet!
- Math: Gingerbread Man Counting Book from Fran Kramer...
Grab it here: Gingerbread Counting Book!
- Writing: CVC Write the Room from Dee Dee Wills... yes, it was a Christmas freebie, but I'm using it now! Snowflakes are wintry, right? Penguins? Elves? Okay, maybe not elves, but no one has reverted to pre-Christmas craziness because they're distracted by their ability to read! :)
Grab it here... Christmas (wintry) CVC write-the-room!
Yoga: I added two more poses... "Rooftop" and "Bridge."
Here are two of my kiddos doing their favorite partner pose, "Partner Boat."
- Listening: Bear Feels Scared by Karma Wilson... students are illustrating the setting of the story!
Games: Gingerbread Race from Kindergarten is a Hoot! My kids loved it!
Soooo, that's where we are right now... whew! Work stations went wonderfully, and my little ones thoroughly enjoyed what they worked on! I plan on working with my reading groups on blending this week, as well as building fluency....
I'm off to go rest my sore, post-yoga body... I can absolutely tell I haven't practiced in a month, and I know it's going to be a struggle to move in the AM. My hubby may have to tow me out of bed in the morning! Ha ha ha ha!
Hope you made it through Wednesday!
(Why are short weeks always longer? Like, they FEEL longer than a typical work week?)