Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Work Station Wednesday!

I was excited and dreading starting new work stations today!  My kids were so thrilled to have new work station buddies and new work stations to explore, but I do not like giving directions for new centers.  I feel like all I do is talk, talk, talk, talk, talk... well, you get the idea!  :)  I just want to get right to it.  I want to get into the fun.  I want the learning to begin!

I survived my direction giving, and so did my students, and here's what were working on in my kindergarten room for the next 2 weeks or so...


  • ABC:  Gingerbread Man Uppercase/Lowercase stamping  
    I found this great resource at Time 4 Kindergarten!  <---- Grab it at the link!



  • Writing:  CVC Write the Room from Dee Dee Wills... yes, it was a Christmas freebie, but I'm using it now!  Snowflakes are wintry, right?  Penguins?  Elves?  Okay, maybe not elves, but no one has reverted to pre-Christmas craziness because they're distracted by their ability to read! :)  



Yoga:  I added two more poses... "Rooftop" and "Bridge."  
Here are two of my kiddos doing their favorite partner pose, "Partner Boat."


  • Listening: Bear Feels Scared by Karma Wilson... students are illustrating the setting of the story! 


Games: Gingerbread Race from Kindergarten is a Hoot!  My kids loved it!

  • Blocks
  • Free-choice

Soooo, that's where we are right now... whew!  Work stations went wonderfully, and my little ones thoroughly enjoyed what they worked on!  I plan on working with my reading groups on blending this week, as well as building fluency....

I'm off to go rest my sore, post-yoga body... I can absolutely tell I haven't practiced in a month, and I know it's going to be a struggle to move in the AM.  My hubby may have to tow me out of bed in the morning!  Ha ha ha ha!

Hope you made it through Wednesday!
(Why are short weeks always longer?  Like, they FEEL longer than a typical work week?)

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Your kiddos are so lucky to have you as their teacher.

    I carry holiday stuff over all of the time and no damage has been done to my kiddos by doing so! You are a brave woman for letting your kids take off their shoes and socks!!!!

    I am your newest follower and would love for you to come visit me! I just posted about my Penguin on the Shelf! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - LOVE the yoga center. Where did you get the cards for them to follow?

    ~jeannie~
    www.kindergartenlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yoga looks so fun! I saw a Montessori presentation where they showed a center for yoga with a mat and cards and before that it would have never even dawned on me for the kids to do it. It looks like your students were enjoying themselves. :) I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger award here.

    Blessings,
    Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to know more about how you incorporate yoga. That looks like SO much fun. Such a great idea!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete