Friday, March 16, 2012

A day late and a dollar short?!

Happy Friday, friends!  I am starting my Friday with a 2-hour delay at school (due to regional semi-finals for our high school basketball team), so I am JAZZED!  We won, by the way, woot!  So far this morning, I've lounged, paid bills while lounging, and watched The Today Show while lounging! :)  I need to eat breakfast, so I'm going to have to get my rear in gear and get out of bed.

So, what have you been up to this week?  We're working on U.S. symbols (thus my blog post title) since we JUST finished President's Day stuff last week.  LOL!  Plus, my little ones have been BEGGING to do art.  (We lost our art teacher last year due to cuts...)  I try to incorporate as much as I can, but it gets difficult.  How do you add art into your classroom?!  I need help!  I've found some great blogs and websites, but I'm still working on time management.

Soooo... we completed our flag art project.  We did crayon resist (which I am obsessed with!) and the kids loved it!  Check out some pics of our flag artistic representations! :)





The did such a great job, and they were so proud!  Just like any American kindergartner should be! :)

Hope you're having a great Friday!  Enjoy the wild, warm, and wonderful weather!  
I'm off to go make some breakfast so I can start my day! :)  

2 comments: