Sunday, March 25, 2012

Common Core & More!

Happy Sunday, friends!  How was your weekend?  I've had a spectacular "relax o' rama" with the hubs!  On Friday, we played "Name That Tune" and won at a local watering hole.  On Saturday, we had a movie fest and watched three wonderful flix...

      

All three were awesome!  Hubs and I tend to like silly comedies, psychological thrillers, and dark comedies.  That sums up the movies in order.  They were wonderful though, and I would recommend any of them if you're stuck on what to watch next time you're at the movie store.

And, today, well, I finished reading The Hunger Games, took a nap, and now I'm blogging.  See, it really has been a "relax o'rama!"  What have you been up to?

Last week, we had a short week in kindergarten.  When the high school b-ball team makes it to state, a day off must be had!  Though they came up short by two points, state runner up is not half bad!  On Thursday, we, sigh, worked on science common core standards.  Doesn't that sound fun?  I had a sub in my room and sat, decked out in spirit wear, trying to find resources for common core.  Some of you helped us, and you don't even know it! :)   As we worked through standards, we were on TpT and various blogs finding some fabulous ideas.

I have a freebie for classifying and sorting!  Would you like it?  Would you, huh?  It's for magnetic and non-magnetic items.  You can grab it... HERE!  Enjoy!

Also, have you checked out my sis-in-law's latest unit?  Mrs. Wheeler at Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade Tidbits is my sister-in-law.  Here we are on a trip we took to Chicago together!


She has an awesome K-2 Poetry Pack at her TpT store.  It's only $6.00 and is chock full of great ideas and resources.  You can find it HERE!

I feel slightly unprepared for this week, but I'm happy I took the time to relax and catch up on rest.  It's necessary sometimes!  I'll play catch up this week, and be ready to rock and roll.  We have new work stations, so be ready for some Easter fun coming up! 

Have a great rest of your Sunday and wonderful start to your week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment