Friday, March 30, 2012

I smell like coffee & a freebie!

So far, I've been told I "smell like coffee" and "she yells" and "You forget everything."

Needless to say, my head already hurts, and we are in desperate need of SPRING BREAK.  Fortunately, it's Friday.  Hooray for Mexican dinner with the hubs tonight and sleeping in tomorrow!  Unfortunately, next week's Spring Break consists of 2 days... Good Friday and Easter Monday.  Does anyone else have a non-existent, super short Spring Break?

Even though it is a rowdy, loud, crazy day in kindergarten, my kiddos have been doing a great job writing letters!  It's called, I have three kids out with tonsillectomies, so TEACHABLE MOMENT!  We've written to two of three of our friends, and they love it!

I introduce letter writing with If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff & Felicia Bond.  Remember the part when Pig sends pictures to all her friends?  We use that as a starting point, then refer back to our morning message.  It's always a surprise that they've been looking at the parts of the letter since the beginning of the year!

We use a template to get us started and comfortable with letter writing... it includes the date, greeting, and closing.  Grab that freebie HERE!  It's simple, to the point, and here it is displayed in Writer's Workshop...



And, it's always fun to see what gets the kids jazzed about writing.  Today, it is.... neon paper!  I called it "hot pink," and they thought it was literally HOT to the touch.  LOL!  I thought it was hilarious.  They were saying, "Whew!  This paper is hot!" when they came up to choose their paper. 

Here they are busily writing...


They ask the funniest questions to our tonsil triplets... ex. Are you watching good shows? or Are you having fun? or How was the doctor?  I don't think they really understand that they're home, recovering from surgery... not having a vacation at home.  Oh.  Kindergarten.

If one more child asks me whether they need their coats to wear home, I might scream!  Instead of screaming, I will eat a Spiderman cupcake brought it by one of my lovelies.  Hooray!

Enjoy the start to your weekend!  TGIF!  TGIF!  TGIF!  



2 comments:

  1. HOT paper is funny!
    Only those 2 days? I'm sorry.:(

    We had Spring break this week and then a 4 day week next week. It makes no sense that they detached the break from Easter weekend!!!
    Staci

    Going Nutty!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are at the end of our spring break. I am sad that it is over. We had a nonexistent spring break last it was rough. I feel sad for you.

    Queen with Class

    ReplyDelete