Sunday, March 18, 2012

Surviving Sunday!

So, how was your weekend? 

 I can't believe it's already over!  I worked late Friday, napped profusely Saturday, and then I traveled to see my mama today.  Now, one would think, traveling to see one's mom would be no biggie, but the day ended up somewhat bizarre, slightly scary, and now I'm TIRED!  

Check it out...
  • Hubs (per usual) is up early.  We go forage for coffee, bagels, and groceries for the week.
  • Rock star hubs is recording with his band today.  I drop him off to play guitar and sing his pretty little head off!
  • I meet up with my mom, who is moving into her new apartment and needed some assistance.  I do my best to move boxes and attempt to not itch my newly found contact dermatitis.  (Why does she have three cats, of whom I'm highly allergic to?)
  • Finish up helping mommy dearest and head to sell some book at Half Price Books.  (Do you have one where you live?)  I love it, though am humbled by the $10.00 I received for probably hundreds of dollars worth of old teacher books.
  • Head to Ann Taylor LOFT and find jeans in my size for... drum roll, please, $4.88!  Regularly... $69.95!  WOOT!
  • Head to Target and find another pair of jeans (dark wash this time) for $8.98 and pick up some storage containers for the kitchen.  Did I mention the dressing room lady reminded me of the Target lady on SNL?  I couldn't understand a word she said!  LOL!
  • Check accuweather.com on the BlackBerry and see a strong  thunderstorm cell heading towards me and the way I need to be driving home.  
  • Ignore the PURPLE I see on said radar and run into this....

  • About 3 minutes later, I'm cutting onto another stretch of highway, and the radio is going crazy with TORNADO WARNINGS.  It is hailing, raining, windy as all get out, and a whole bunch of us pull over under a bridge to wait out the madness... you can't see a thing in front of you!
  • I frantically call my mom.  Her sirens are going off now.  I scan the sky for a twister and am trying not to absolutely freak out.  (In my head, I am freaking out!)  
  • I think, if there is a tornado, do I get out of the car?  Do I get in a ditch? Is this bridge going to fall on me?  (Even though I've lived in the Midwest all my life, apparently I need to brush up up on protocol!)
  • Then, this...
       
  • *sigh*
  • Stop 25 minutes later and eat a carnitas burrito bowl from Chioptle.  (This is my dinner reward for surviving the storm!)  PS:  It was DELISH!
  • Now, I am waiting for my rock star.  I've washed all the cat dander from me, and I've even done some laundry.  
So, I've survived my Sunday and am ready to start another new and exciting week!  
(Hopefully with a day off since our high school b-ball team is going to state semi-finals!!!!!)
I hope you're Sunday was LESS exciting than mine and you had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you hit the jackpot on jeans! That storm looks SEVERE! Glad you are safe. Will you guys be around for Easter Sunday?

    Love,
    Sis-in-law

    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete