Sunday, May 13, 2012

First step...

It has been five weeks since I had a "normal" Sunday.  I am going back to work tomorrow.  I am nervous.  I am excited.  I am missing my kiddos.  I am tired.  I am sad.  I am a bundle of emotions.

But, it's time to step forward.  Life was in limbo for 5 weeks.  And now, life is back.
(Seriously, I haven't seen an alarm clock since April 4th!!!!)

Today's step forward was working on end of the year gifts for my kiddos.  I have a fabulous family who has been checking in on me and want to help any way they can.  Um, would you like to put end of the gifts together, please?

I think every elementary student in the U.S. will be getting gifts that include bendy straws & Kool-Aid this year, thanks to Pinterest!  But, I love the theme and grabbed adorable (FREE) tags from... A Cupcake for the Teacher!  They say... "Have a krazy kool summer!"  Isn't that sweet?

FYI for all you procrastinators who haven't put anything together yet...
Whirly straws, pack of 6, 98 cents at Wal-Mart in the party favor section!
5 for $1.00 packs of Kool-Aid at Meijer!

Tumblers, pack of 4, $1.00 at Wal-Mart!
(In our school colors, added names with a Sharpie, and a paw print to go with our mascot.)

I will also be chucking in clearance spring pencils, a la Target Dollar Spot and bubbles from Wal-Mart's end of summer clearance last year.  My nieces and nephew think I need to add candy in the cups.  My sister suggest unfrozen freezer pops and some water balloons.  

Who knows what else I'm going to add!  All I know is these little guys deserve this and so much more.  They've been patient, kind, understanding, loving, resilient, etc... while I was with my dad.  And, I can't wait to see those smiling faces in the morning... 

Ready to take a step with me!  


Mrs. Davis

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a great first day back to school tomorrow. I'm sure it will be great. Saying a prayer for you.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete