Thursday, May 17, 2012

Movin' on up & keeping them occupied!

With everything going on, I don't think I've mentioned this, but...
we're.  moving.  to.  another.  building.

(Did I just hear a collective "argh!" from everyone who understands this?)

So, on top of assessments.  (Boo to completing them, but YEA!  for seeing how far my kinder kiddos have come!)  I am trying to start taking things down a bit at a time.  Plus, since I'll be starting year 10 teaching K, I think it's about time for a purge of things I no longer use.  (Anyone else relate to how hard it is to throw anything away????)

So, since I've been a-testing, I've had to occupy my kids in low to no-prep, educational, engaging activities.  The hottest thing right now is... drum roll please... Knock it Off! Subtraction by Dots-n-Spots! They are obsessed!

Who doesn't love a 12-sided dice?!  


They are also obsessed with their autograph books and Kinder Memories books from... 


I love how kindergartners will remain occupied when given markers and permitted to wander about the room!

How may days do you have remaining?  How much assessing do you still have left?  And, how are you keeping 'em occupied? 

I hope you're having a splendid end to the school year!  T-minus 7 days!  WOOT!  

Mrs. Davis

1 comment:

  1. I can only gues their excitement!! It was cool enough in high school. I can only imagine kinders!!

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrsstanfordsclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete