Saturday, July 7, 2012

Classroom dreams & color schemes...

Three.  Count 'em, three.
All, three nights in a row.

That's how many school dreams I've had since July came.
One was a nightmare... (Read: parents showing up a month before I need them for meet the teacher, all because I wrote the wrong date on the invite... and my room wasn't ready... and I was in tears... and...)  Whew!  I was glad when I woke up from that one.

The other two, less memorable, but still school related nonetheless.

I think this is what happens when you move buildings and have a new classroom.  These dreams seem A LOT earlier than normal!  I know others have been discussing their sleep disturbances, so be happy... you're not alone!  And really, we all know we nap during the day when we don't sleep well, so hey!

On another note... SHOPPING!  Some of you are in full force!  Whew!
I am leisurely, sticking my toe in the water, trying to decide on a classroom color scheme since I have a new room, new building, etc...

But, I've finally decided on it!  HOORAY!  And, I'd like to thank fine folks at Big Lots for their fine products and great prices!

Buntings, anyone?
They have $3.00 packs of quilting fabric squares that I'm going to use to decorate my classroom... including a fabulous bunting!  (I need to buy ribbon and the iron-on fuse-y stuff...)

Look at all the coordinating colors!  I.  LOVE.  IT.

Now, I need help from my bloggy pals.  Do I do a bunting with squares?  Since the edges are already pinked?  Or, do I cut the squares in half to make triangles?  I don't know what to do.  But, I can't wait to put it together!

I will be getting these (and probably a bajillion other things...) to use for more streamlined storage and organization.  

Only $2.99 for the pack of three at Ikea or you can buy them online at Ikea.com!

Looks like I need a shopping day for stocking up, a cooler day so I can work in my un-air conditioned room, and a building key so I can get in when my other K pals aren't around.  

Have you been dreaming of school?  How are your plans for your school year coming?

AND...
Does anyone use http://www.planbook.com/?  I'm intrigued and want to see what you think!

Stay cool and enjoy the rest of your Saturday!
Mrs. Davis

6 comments:

  1. I had never heard of plan book, but it looks interesting! Love your finds for your new room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute!!! I love it! I love Big Lots too!

    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Isn't Big Lots the best? They've has TAZO iced tea bottles for 48 cents a piece. Needless to say, I've been picking them up weekly! :)

      Delete
  3. So funny! I just dreamt that it was the first day of school and I left the kids to go shopping. I had someone reading to them... and then I was scared I was going to get into trouble. Luckily the kids were all well behaved....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as they behaved, it's all that matters! LOL!

      Delete
  4. First, I like your new design! It's soooo pretty!

    YES, I've been having anxiety dreams and insomnia. Yuck. There seems to be a common thread in our nightmares! May your dreams be sweet!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete