Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pick a card! Any card!

I want to share about another prize in my...

Yoga 4 Classrooms is a wonderful organization that promotes positive, peaceful, and productive classrooms for all students! They have workshops, trainings, and fabulous activity cards to use in the classroom. In my kindergarten classroom, we use activity cards as a guide for group yoga... 

But, then, after we've practiced together several times... the cards go in my Yoga Work Station where my kiddos can practice yoga poses independently!    

The wonderful thing about Yoga 4 Classroom's Activity Deck is the use of yoga postures, brain boosting movements, breath exercises, visualizations, mindfulness activities, creative movement and community-building games to build well-being in the classroom.  

I'm a huge supporter of scaffolding in my K classroom, and activity cards give my students a resource to refer to when working on their yoga practice independently!  

And, I just absolutely love when they beg for a new pose to learn!  Just like with adults, kiddos have their favorite yoga poses as well!   (Pssst... they are OBSESSED with Tree Pose!)

So, make sure you've signed up for my 200 Follower Giveaway!  You could win your own deck of Yoga 4 Classrooms Activity Cards!

And, while you're here... link up with Yoga 4 Classrooms Website!
Link up with Yoga 4 Classrooms on Facebook...
Yoga 4 Classrooms- Facebook!
Link up with their blog as well... Yoga 4 Classrooms - Blog!

Namaste and Happy Thursday! 
Mrs. Davis

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of yoga for kinders. I have done a lot of yoga breathing with mine but haven't ever really taught them poses. Love your giveaway and definitely going to enter that!
    Gave you an award. Please drop by when you get a chance. :)

    - Vicky
    http://themadnessthatiskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete