Sunday, July 22, 2012

You've got to be kidding...

Kidding Around Yoga that is!
I want to share about these fabulous CDs, I use in my kindergarten classroom!  My students would plead, beg, whine ask to use some of their favorite songs in our whole group yoga practice.  (Which is typically after morning recess, before we start literacy work stations...)

The songs are child friendly, often story based, and promote body and mental awareness, as well as physical exercise!  All the songs are about feeling GOOD, which is essential as our kiddos are becoming more stressed with our increased academic expectations.  It's a not only a physical break for my kinder kiddos, yoga provides a mental break as well and helps students regain focus for their afternoon learning.  

My students were OBSESSED with The Yoga Slide last year, which is featured on Namaste'n Play!  You can listen to a sample of it on Kidding Around Yoga's website!

To find out more about Kidding Around Yoga, link up at any and all of these places....

And, don't forget to sign up for a chance to win a set of Kidding Around Yoga's CDs at my 200 Follower Giveaway!  I have three sets to giveaway, so be ready to get your yoga on!  

Mrs. Davis

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I love ideas of how to give the kids little brain breaks and I'm definitely incorporating yoga this year-so it's perfect! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete