Wednesday, August 15, 2012

National Relaxation Day aka "I don't wanna!"

T-minus 11 days until Open House.  My darlings are receiving their letters in the mail today saying I'm their teacher.  My room is pretty much unpacked, but I still have blank bulletin boards... and zero motivation to go in and work.  *sigh*  I blame it on National Relaxation Day.

Or, it might be a bit of summeritis.... you know that illness we get when school is approaching?  Where we long for it to be June? And the summer has just begun?  Now, I have been printing things off left & right today (with the intention of going to school to laminate eventually).  But, naps have been included.  (Is it a nap at 9:30 in the morning?)  And, I will probably go in and work while my rockstar hubs is at band practice tonight.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job and am thrilled for a new school year!  (Seriously, isn't awesome we get a fresh start each year?)  I'm just lazy today!  LOL!

Do you know who ISN'T lazy?  Christina over at...
Bunting Books and Bainbridge

She was an absolute doll and sent me her Partner Reading Party!  And, can you say phenomenal?
It includes awesome spinners, card games, and activities to promote discussion, story retell, and comprehension when partner reading.  As a K teacher, I'm thrilled to use this in whole group, then small group, then let my littles rock on and buddy read all the way.  This diverse set of activities is appropriate for any elementary grade level and would be great practice for those tricky standardized test reading passages  If you haven't checked it out yet, I would head on over ASAP.  She has it available at TpT and TN

Go!  Right now!  Don't be lazy!  And, check it out! :)   

Okay, I'm *gasp* going to go work on postcards to send to my kinder kiddos.  Hopefully I can get the labels to format how I want.  Wish me luck!  
Mrs. Davis

1 comment:

  1. "Summeritis" --I love that! And definitely suffer from it myself. Just can't get motivated this year and I have to more than ever because my Meet-and-Greet is only 5 days away (counting the weekend).

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete