Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sentimental Sunday...

I went to bed last night, quickly checking my Facebook before I drifted off to dreamland.  In my message box, I found a sweet note from the mother of a student in last year's class.  (She & I have a mutual friend, so that is how she found me to message me...)  Here's what it said...

Hi Mrs. Davis!!!   I hope you had a awesome summer break! Since its about time to start school again you're the topic of almost ALL of his conversations!!! He says he can't wait to see you so maybe we will have to stop by your room one of these days lol  you sure made an impact on him & by the way he still sleeps with & took on our disney vacation his lion you got him from his surgery  Have a great school year! Your group of kiddos sure are a lucky bunch!  

How nice is that?!  In 10 years of teaching, I've probably received 3 or 4 of these types of notes or e-mails before school begins, and it means so much.  I went to bed with a huge smile on my face, and honestly, a tear in my eye.

I'm looking forward to a new batch of little ones, but last year's class will always hold a special place in my heart.  They and their families were so supportive when my father was ill and then passed away last school year.  I will always remember them for being resilient, loving, patient, kind, and flexible.  They were the epitome of what makes "good people," and I know all those skills they have as children will make them remarkable adults... and they have their families to thank for that.

So, cherish those little ones and the families they come from too... you never know when you're going to need them and they're going to need you...

Have a super Sunday!!!!!
Mrs. Davis

2 comments:

  1. Wow-what a great note! They may be few and far-between but that's the kind of inspiration that keeps me going! :) You are absolutely right about developing those relationships.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super sweet! It's so nice to make an impact :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete