Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tech Tip Tuesday & Happy Bloggiversary to me!

I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' again for Tech Tip Tuesday!  
I'm super excited to share three awesome web based resources I'm found for managing all the paperwork and reminders that go with being a teacher.  Check 'em out...

1. Planbook.com:  Sometimes I have a hard time remembering to bring home my laptop or update my flash drive's lesson plans.  Planbook.com is a web-based lesson plan with wonderful extra features!  Need to add Common Core standards?  Just click the drop down menu, and it puts them in your plan.  No need to type it all out.  I'm excited to use this web-based lesson plan site for my 2012-2013 plans, and at only $12.00 for the year.  It's a steal!!!!

2. Remind101.com:  Ever wish you could text the families of your students?  Ever wish you could keep some level of privacy and not hand out your cell phone number, but are still able to interact with parents after the school day ends?  Remind101 is the answer!  Send a text or e-mail to ALL your parents in one shot... all from this web based, free service!  Families sign-up and will receive texts or e-mails from you, sent through the service.  No cell phone numbers given out.  All your families get the information they need, for example... "Don't forget!  Field trip tomorrow!"  And, you can make sure everyone got the message! 

3.  SignUpGenius.com: I intensely dislike the cavalcade of papers I send home requesting help, supplies, field trip chaperones, etc. Here's a way to do it ONLINE!  My niece's and nephew's school uses this for their PTO, and they LOVE it!  SignUpGenius creates web based sign-ups for all sorts of things!  Families can respond online, and the free service will also send out an e-mail reminder as the date draws near!  I'm going to poll my families at orientation this year to see if this would be effective to use in our classroom.  I hope they want to use it!!!!  

I hope you find these online, web based tools useful.  I know I'm excited to implement some, if not all, in my classroom this year.

Alright, on this one year bloggiversary, I'm going to go cheer on my printer as it prints labels for my kinder kiddos.  Go printer!  Go printer!  Go printer!

I hope you're having a terrific Tuesday! 
Mrs. Davis

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm so glad to hear from another teacher about using it! I'm super excited! :)

    ReplyDelete