Saturday, September 1, 2012

"What's your favorite dessert?" "Eggs."

Oh kindergarten kiddos, how I've missed you and your fabulous answers to questions!

I survived open house.  I survived opening meetings.  I survived parent orientation.  And, I survived three days of staggered entry with my new batch of little ones.  The real test is on Tuesday.  That's when ALL 21 of my lovely littles come to school.  All at once.

Not to mention, I'm still getting the hang of being in a new building.  "Um, where do I go to get MY lunch?"  And, it was 90 degrees yesterday, and we have no A/C.  "I'd like to thank my barista for the extra ice in my trenta iced coffee, sweetened, no milk, from yesterday!"

I got ALL the initial testing I needed finished... minus one who slept for an hour and a half on her table... And, I feel like I finally have a small grasp on how my schedule is going to flow.  Woo hoo!  I'll be lesson planning in the A/C this weekend, while tropical rainstorms occur.  (That is seriously what my weather said for today's forecast... tropical rainstorm.)  Anyone else feeling the remnants of Isaac?

So, I'm still here.  My classroom is finished... though, these pics were taken at 9 PM, some random night when I should have just gone home, but just couldn't until one more thing was finished...

And, I'm enjoying my black, yellow, and gray color scheme!  I think my kiddos like it too!  Did I mention I L-O-V-E seeing my former students too?  Um, one guy said in a deep voice, "Hi Mrs. Davis."  Um, buddy, you're as tall as me now.  Ahhhhhhh!  I feel old.  

I hope your beginning of the school year is off to a great start!  Take some time this weekend to relax... we're just getting started! 

Mrs. Davis

2 comments:

  1. Ah eggs, my favorite dessert too... when mixed in some type of cupcake or cake batter!! lol :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, I agree with that as well! :) Mmmm, cupcakes!

      Delete