Monday, June 17, 2013

Slim Shady?

"Guess who's back?  Back again."

I'm back in the blogging world!  After a 7 month slacking hiatus, I am back!

So, lets catch up!  Are you ready?
  1. I revamped the blog.  With a rebirth, there needs to be some change!  
  2. I have a somewhat new blog name.  No more "Carried Away in... Kindergarten!"  Now, just "Carried Away in K!"
  3. This fall, I will be starting *gasp* year 11 of teaching kindergarten.  
  4. I intensely dislike acronyms like SLO, CCS, AIMSWeb, DIBELS, FIP, etc.  Does someone want to create an educator acronym dictionary?  
  5. I taught Phonics at a university last year.  Super fun working with pre-service teachers!
  6. I am addicted to leggings.  I truly believe they are the perfect kindergarten teacher attire.  Anyone else with me on this?
  7. I plan on working on TpT goodies all summer long!
With that being said, lets have a welcome back to the blogging world giveaway!  Are you ready?  


a Rafflecopter giveaway I am so happy to be back in the blogging world!  Come on over! Stop by!  Say hi!

11 comments:

  1. My favorite thing to wear is a pair of black pants. They look professional yet they are as comfortable as yoga pants!
    Liz
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you get your black pants? I would love to find some that are as comfy as yoga pants. I think that's why I wear leggings and tunics!

      Delete
  2. I love to wear dark jeans and jean capris!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, I love the design of your blog! My favorite thing to wear to school is dresses, they are just so easy! When it is hot I wear them by themselves and when it cools down I throw on a cardigan and some leggings! Perfect all year round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I agree with the dresses! Easy, peasy, breezy... I have no air conditioning, so wear them a lot at the beginning of the year!

      Delete
  4. Jeans day is a favorite on Fridays! Sometimes, I even sneak sports warm-up pants and a school hoodie during the winter. Comfy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. We dress fairly casual at our school but occasionally I like to dress up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My kinder kiddos always think I look "fancy!"

      Delete
  6. Turtlenecks as soon as it is cold enough in the fall and all the way through winter until it warms up too much in the spring! :) I just love them and have far, far too many!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is it always so exciting to wear jeans and a t-shirt? I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I think wearing jeans makes me a better teacher. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete