Sunday, June 30, 2013

The first three letters in assessment are...

Yes.  At times, that's how I feel about assessing.  I feel like the first three letters of assessment when 1/2 of my class is out due to illness, and I have to get an assessment piece finished.  I also feel like the first three letters of assessment when I have to scrap 3/4 of my lesson plans just to get my testing done.

Luckily, one of my colleagues was able to help us stay a little more sane and feel less like those first three letters...

Thanks to...
Much like creating a Powerpoint, you can create your own assessment or use ones ESGI already has installed.  In kindergarten, much of the assessing is done one on one.  Instead of having to keep track of checklists or having to figure out percentages, ESGI keeps track of it all for you.  

Check it out... 
  • I can look at data by class...

Looks like we still need to work on color words, syllables, and rhyming.  But, hooray, everyone knows their letters and initial sounds!!!

  • I can look at data by student...

Such a smartie!

  • I can analyze which assessment elements were missed the most for reteaching...

Which words do I need to focus on in small groups? 

  • I can download, edit, and print assessment letters, sharing important information with families...


Do I have your interest yet?  ESGI also helps you schedule parent/teacher conferences and print flash cards on skills your students need to work on!

I love it and have been using it for the last four years.  The 2013-2014 school year will be my 5th year using ESGI, and I cannot imagine my life without it.  They have a 60 day trial, so you can't go wrong!

Check.  It.  Out. 



1 comment:

  1. It's web based, and it's $199 for one teacher, $175 for 2-10 teachers, and for 11+ teachers it's $149. All prices are per classroom,and I couldn't imagine assessing in K without it! :)

    ReplyDelete