Thursday, July 25, 2013

Throwback Thursday {from the road!}

I survived my 1st day in the car. I had gobs of time to read blogs on Bloglovin' and peruse Facebook for fun!  Hubs is driving the first leg today, and we are only  5 1/2 hours from our destination in FL!  Hooray!  

I figure now would be as good time as ever to secretly blog from my phone!  

I'm linking up with http://thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com for her weekly... 

Today's throwback is from November 14, 2011.  I've been debating whether to bring back yoga work station in my classroom. My kinder kiddos loved it and looking back on these posts make me think it's a must!  Read on and let me know what YOU think! 
**************************************************
Hooray for Work Stations!
There was excitement brewing in my classroom today! Drum roll, please... 

Yoga Work Station has officially opened in our classroom, and the kindergarten kiddos are excited. (And, did I mention, I am too!)

We introduced it last Friday, when some of our work stations changed, but we reviewed and extended it today. In yoga work stations, we can... 
1. Practice our poses. 
2. Color a yoga pose. 
3. Play a yoga game. 
4. Read a yoga book. (I need to add this to our "I can..." chart!"

Take a look at yoga work station (right next to writing work station)!
The basket has the yoga books.  The red tray has the coloring pages.  The orange cards are for yoga memory.  Yoga mats, are well, for yoga!  The yellow basket holds our poses to practice and the Clorox wipes are to clean mats when we're finished.  It's a work in progress, so do you have any ideas of what I can do to improve it?  

Here are some shot of my first pair working in yoga work station today.  E & R were troopers and were excited to work and play!  

R & E look at one of our yoga cards to complete Tree Blowing in the Wind pose.

R completes a yoga coloring page!

E plays yoga memory and completes a pose when she makes a match!

So much fun and so good for mind, body, and soul!  What are you doing this week that has you excited?!  Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Grab a yoga freebie here... Yoga Work Station - Recording Sheet!  Your kiddos can draw a picture and write what yoga pose they practiced!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment