Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday Website Linky Party!

Sugar & spice and everything nice!  That's what...
... cupcakes are made of! 

I posted on my Facebook page that I was working on cupcakes today!  Are you doing anything to get ready for the 4th of July?

Lets get to the business of ...

Today's website I use in my classroom is... 

Literactive is a comprehensive literacy website for PK through 1st grade students.  It is comprised of leveled readers, phonics activities, and so much more.  I love that each game is related to a specific literacy skill, so it makes intervention easy!  It's also leveled, so each activity set builds upon the next!

You can either download it to your computer OR play live online.  I typically have my kiddos play live online.



See how the skills increase in difficulty?  I often tell students what level I'd like them to work on for intervention purposes, but then I let them choose whatever they like when they're finished! 


In addition to these great games, there are digital books and puzzles that go together. 

 I have been using Literactive for 4 or 5 years now, and I love it.  We even play games on the SMART Board when we have 5 minutes or so before we need to be at a special or to recess!  

Check it out if you're looking for a new literacy game website for your classroom!

And, have a great 4th of July Eve!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment