Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Classroom Digs {Or, classroom shambles!!!!}

Yesterday was my first real day working in my classroom.  I've gone in to drop things off or putted around a bit, but yesterday I had a mission.  In retrospect, I'm not sure what that mission was, but I have one new bulletin board 3/4 of the way finished.  (No applause, please.)

Oh, I also moved furniture.  Why is it, when we have no intention of moving anything after a successful classroom setup, we still do?  I moved bookshelves, my easel, and three sets of shelves.  I.  Must.  Be.  Nuts.

So, I'd like to introduce you to the BEFORE pictures of my classroom... 
This is my carpet area.  (Ignore the shambles on the shelf!)  Don't you just love that darling throw my hubs found at T.J. Maxx?  I know the kids are going to be fighting to sit on that softie when reading.  LOL!

Another view of the carpet area.  (I need to fluff my pom poms above my easel!)

This is going to be my Listen to Reading area.  Aren't those chairs perfect?  Only $3.00 on clearance at Walmart.

Blank bulletin board.  Word families?  Alphabet work?  Not 100% sure what that's going to be yet. Any ideas?

My Common Core objectives and anchor chart bulletin board.  Our "I can..." statements will go in the pocket chart under the appropriate subject area.  I'm getting a small curtain rod to hang on those Command Hooks for our anchor charts.  Thank goodness for Christina's inspiration on this one!

My math tub area and student tables.  I'm going to place my math tubs in that rolling shelf.  You can also see my SMART Board. 

My small group teaching area... Or, as I like to call it right now, my catch-all!

My word wall is under all those white papers!  We are lucky enough to be able to leave bulletin boards up during the summer, so I just cover them with paper to keep them unfaded and dust free!  

Wow.  Writing this and then reading everyone else's posts sharing their classroom digs makes me sick to my stomach motivated to get working!  So, I'm going to cut this short and keep printing things I need to laminate today.  

Check out other bloggers' posts or link up yourself!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love your black and yellow theme! The carpet is very cool as well...I think our custodians would have an absolute cow if we did that! I love your classroom!

    Meredith
    1, 2, Eyes On You!

    ReplyDelete