Saturday, August 10, 2013

Setting up Saturday!!!

I went to school yesterday, and I worked for 2 hours!  This is good!  I'm building up classroom stamina!

I wandered in my room and look what I found...
Goodbye overhead!  Hello document camera!

I'm so excited to use this in my classroom this year!  How many of you have document cameras?  And, how do you use them?  I envision guided practice and collaborative learning with my kinder kiddos, as well as use during working with words.  

Also, it's always exciting when your construction paper and supply orders come in!  My buddy and I got our rolling chairs out to transport our packs of paper to our classrooms.  This is the finished product of my organizing...

When I have an open pack of paper, I immediately place it in a gallon sized baggie so I grab from that one before opening another.  (I am a notorious paper opener!)  This has helped my classroom volunteer and me stay organized!

After a little unpacking, I started to contemplate a board that I'm changing.  I want an area to hold my CC standards AND anchor charts.  I hopped on to Pinterest and was so H-A-P-P-Y to find a post from... 


She has a stupendous way to organize her info, and I'm using it as inspiration!  Thanks Christina!
Head on over to... Sugar and Spice to check out her post!

How have you been setting up your classroom this week?  I hope all is going well for those in school or those getting ready!  

3 comments:

  1. I love my document cam! I've used one for the last 4 years and I would never go back to an overhead! :) I use it to have students share their work in front of the class and to demonstrate..EVERYTHING! I started using it for Writer's Workshop sharing time last year and the kiddos loved sharing their stories using the microphone with their journal on the big screen. Have fun with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of using this for sharing during Writer's Workshop! I can't wait! :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love and adore my document camera! It is such a lifesaver. I use it for anything and everything! The thing I love most about it is putting books under it for a shared reading experience and for students to put their pieces of writing under it as well.

    I'm jealous you are able to get into your classroom! I have to wait until the 20th to get in and everyone is back on the 21st for professional development...yikes!

    I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin'!

    Meredith
    1, 2, Eyes On You!

    ReplyDelete