Thursday, August 1, 2013

Throwback Thursday {with exciting deals!}

Good morning, friends!  I'm waking up, again, on vacation!  However, I'm not going to lie... When I realized it was August 1st, I wanted to cry. I have to go to work three weeks from tomorrow.  I love teaching, but I love this too...
Seriously, who wouldn't???? 

I still have a few more days of time on vacay... But when I get home it's time to hit the classroom and get organized!!! 

I'm posting a throwback post today for...
Now, Cara isn't hosting today because of an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G giveaway!  Please hop on over to... http://thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com and check it out!  It's unbelievable!  

I'm throwing back to a post from October 18, 2011.  This is because I am so excited about huge deal from my friends over at...
http://www.educents.com is like Groupon for teachers!  And, one of my favorite yoga and movement series for children is going to be on sale starting tomorrow. Check it out...
**************************************************

A huge thank you!

As most of you know, I love yoga! 
As most teachers, I'm stressed and need to find ways to make time for myself.  Yoga helps me do that!  (Yee haw yoga!)

But, have you ever thought about your kiddos?  When do THEY have time for themselves?  When do they have the time to be mindful of how they feel, are given the opportunity to calm down and refocus their energy in positive and meaningful ways?

I've seen yoga do that with my kindergarten children, and I love sharing how good their bodies and minds can feel after even a short yoga practice! 

There are oodles of resources out there on the interwebs...
But, I have found lots of information at http://yogainmyschool.com/.  Yoga In My School recently sponsored a giveaway with  Move With Me Action Adventures, and I was one of the lucky recipients of a Move With Me yoga DVD.  (Hooray!  Free things!)

Well, today was the 1st day we tried our new DVD and... it was wonderful!  My kindergartners LOVED it!  The guided practice includes a child friendly story about a little boy and his scooter, as well as all the things (people, animals, plants) they experience along the way.  I definitely want to invest in some of the other DVDs in the series!

Here are some pictures of my kindergarten kiddos using the SMART Board to complete their daily yoga practice before work station time! :)

Riding our scooters!


Here comes the sun!  


Putting our scooters to rest against the tree!


In our speed boats! 

So, thank you Yoga in My School and thank you Move With Me Action Adventures!  We love our new DVD, and I we thank you for expanding our kindergarten yoga practice!  
**************************************************
Starting tomorrow, all of this will be on sale at educents.com...
... at a 45% off savings of $45.10. 

I'll have more about this awesome deal tomorrow!  I can hardly wait!!!!! 

Happy Thursday, everyone!  I'm off to the pool to soak up what's left of vacation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment