Sunday, December 8, 2013

"He touched the elf!"

Oh, I knew it was bound to happen.   
But, I guess I just hoped it wouldn't.
One of my littles touched our classroom elf, Floofy, on Friday. 

Floofy spent our first day on the SMART Board.
The second day, he was hiding in one of my plants.
On Thursday, he was here...


And then on Friday, Floofy was here...


It never fails... it was first thing, right when the kids were coming in.  I watched this little reach and touch his hat.  I said, "Little!  Oh, no, now Floofy lost all his magic!"  And, that's basically all I had to say.  The class took over for me after that.  They were beside themselves!  

So, Floofy is still staring behind the fish tank, and he will be tomorrow morning.  I'm trying to figure out how he can get his magic back.  I'm thinking an apology letter to Santa might be in order.  But, before that, a stern letter from Santa might do the trick!

Grab this FREEBIE from my Dropbox by clicking the picture:
Hopefully you won't have to use it, but at least you'll be prepared if you do!

I'm off to go snuggle in bed!  It's freezing here with winter storm Dion preparing to come through.  I'm, at least, hoping for a delay tomorrow, but I would L-O-V-E a three day weekend.  Please?  Pretty please? With sugar on top and a cherry?!  Enjoy your Sunday and STAY WARM! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure that one of my kids has touched Elfie, so before I left Thursday (we DID have a 3-day weekend from the storm!) I put him in one of my Sterlite drawers, looking out at the kids! My explanation will be that someone must have touched him, so he had to "go to bed" and get better! I'll keep your letters as back up, and maybe this will work. I haven't been able to put him anywhere the kids can reach him because of this, but maybe now I will be able to put him out closer to the kids! (I do so love it when Elfie visits every year!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea and what great way to integrate writing, we teachers sure are sneaky! I had a friend send her elf to the North Pole Hospital and he was gone for 3 days. :) Can't wait to hear how you solve this issue.

    ReplyDelete