Saturday, June 13, 2015

Summer Bucket List Linky

It's hard to believe week two of summer vacation is in the books after today!  What?!  How did that happen?

Even though summer has started, I still have weeks ahead of me and What the Teacher Wants! is hosting a Summer Bucket List Linky.  It's a fab place to see what others are doing with their free time... for school, themselves, and just for fun! So, check it out, make your own plans, and link up!

 

School:   I started Daily 5 last school year, and my students were obsessed!  They wrote in their end of the year memory books that it was their favorite part of the day.  I'm going to work on making a Daily 5/Work Station hybrid... adding more play-based stations, and of course... a yoga station, back in my classroom.  Also, I chucked my teacher desk out the door.  This means I'm going to have to be more creative about where I put the items that cluttered went in/on my desk.  I'm excited for the change since I rarely am sitting, and I know I'll love the additional room! 

Personal: When did I become an adult?  With a budget?  And bills?  And a baby?  We're reassessing expenses in our house, making cuts on things that aren't necessary... seriously, can we talk about cell phone bills?  And, then we're continuing making cuts on things like groceries by shopping at Aldi and couponing.  Basically, I'm streamlining my budget to be more effective, so I can put more money into savings!

Fun: Nothing.  Nada.  No plans.  My absolute favorite!  Do you like a busy summer or one with a little on your plate? 

So, what are you up to this summer? See what other teachers have on their lists and link up yourself! 

Happy Saturday! 


1 comment:

  1. Molly, Aldi is the bomb.com! LOL! My husband was skeptical, but their food quality is exceptional and they're cheaper than Walmart. Hello, a dozen eggs for 89 cents!!!! A gallon of milk for $1.89!!!! Since they typically only carry their store brands, plus some random name brands, they don't take coupons and only take cash or debit... no credit cards. Check it out though... we love their dairy, meat, and produce! Plus, their organic and gluten free lines are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete